Discovering Saint-Martin/Sint-Maarten, the Friendly Island of the Caribbeans
Saint Martin/Sint Maarten is part of the Leeward Islands that are located in the northeastern portion of the Caribbean Island chain between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, 18.02 degrees latitude and 63.3 degrees longitude. The closest major neighboring islands are St. Barths and Anguilla.
St-Martin/St-Maarten is known for its Caribbean charm, European flair and Grand-Case, the Capital of the Caribbeans Gastronomy.
The Island is hosting over 42 different Nationalities where every culture lives in peace and Harmony.
St-Martin/St-Mararten is the smallest island in the world to be run by 2 different administrations. France and Holland. The population on the Dutch side of the island is around 42,000 and around 36,000 on the French side.
Approximate driving times to get to other parts of the island ~
- 25 minutes to Dawn Beach.
- 20 minutes to the French Quarter.
- 30 minutes to Philipsburg, the capital of Sint Maarten (Dutch).
- 5 minutes to Le Galion.
- 5 minutes to Orient Beach, a clothing optional beach.
- 2 minutes to Grand Case Main Street.
- 10 minutes to Pic Paradis.
- 15 minutes to Marigot, the capital of Saint Martin (French).
- 10 minutes to Princess Juliana International Airport.